Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Beautiful Tuesdays


Today I gave myself half the day off and with it a couple of treats.

This morning I had a beautiful breakfast with a friend, we sat and talked for hours, consuming multiple cups of tea and chai lattes. It's been a while since I've had a catch up with her, so it was nice to just sit and be with her for a while. It's amazing how old friends just fall back into place and pick up from the moment we left off. We don't see each other nearly as much as we'd like as jobs and life in general gets in the way.

I've had some time to sit and read. I usually have a combination of books on the go at any one time, I try to make sure there is a bit of variety in what I'm reading and usually have a novel and a business/improvement book going together. My current business book is Work Smarter: Live Better by Cyril Peupion, which Matt gave me for Christmas last year. I've only just managed to start it, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far!






After breakfast I took myself to the shops for a little stroll. I didn't have anything in particular I needed, but I'm a sucker for a bit of window shopping. While I was there I picked up this fabulous water bottle from Kikki K. The gold detail in it fits perfectly with the other gold things I have on my desk, so it found a new home very easily!



I also popped in to the ABC shop to get the new season of Downton Abbey! I don't watch this (or any) show on TV as they are released as I'm never home when things air so I always wait until the season is released on DVD to binge watch every episode in one sitting! This little gem is out waiting by my TV so I'm not tempted to put it on until the weekend!



Over all, it's been such a fabulous Tuesday I almost want to take the rest of it off too! Alas, work is calling!

Wishing you all beautiful Tuesdays!

xx Ali





1 comment:

Thank you for your fabulous opinions!